Back during my college days, there was a huge craze of milktea. I never though I’d like it sinceI’m afraid of trying new beverages but later on I just found myself being into it. I can’t remember the last time I had a milktea so last week I was excited to visit Serendipity Tea Bar for the milktea!
It started way back in 2012 in their first branch in San Pablo, Laguna. Later on they expanded to three more branches: SM Lipa, Sto. Tomas and Los Banos. I went to San Pablo branch because that’s more accessible to me.
Serendipity Tea Bar’s Homey Vibes
If not for the signage, I would think this is just a simple and traditional Filipino home. There’s a veranda outside and a small space inside. The AC is also cool, which helps a lot especially during this summer. Haha.
It was just too bad that the comfort room located outside isn’t properly maintained.
I first thought they only offer milkteas because that’s what usually tea bars are. But what’s different with Serendipity Tea Bar is that they offer a wide variety of food as well.
I was able to try two of their best sellers: Nachos Macho and Seafood Pasta.
Nachos Macho (Php 149) has a huge serving and I couldn’t even finish it all, I had to have it to-go! Haha
I personally like seafood and the Seafood Pasta (Php 149) didn’t disappoint me. It has all the seafood I could think of: squid, clams and shrimp. But beware to those who have allergies!
And of course, I wouldn’t miss the milktea (Php 80 for large) and I got one of my favorites: wintermelon! :) I was afraid that I could get tonsilitis after (like what usually happen) but surprisingly, I didn’t. It wasn’t too sweet for me, it’s just perfect!
As if it wasn’t enough, I also bought a blueberry cheesecake (Php 120). Haha
How to Get There
via public transportation
- ride a bus going to Lucena and ask the conductor to drop you off at San Pablo Medical (2-3hours travel time)
- You’ll see a Jollibee branch and across that is a BDO branch. Cross to the other side of the street.
- There’s a small street beside BDO branch that will take you to another street. Once you see “Suki” restaurant, turn right.
- Walk straight until you see the signage of Serendipity Tea Bar. It is also beside a mosque(?) in white/blue.
via private vehicle
- Get on Metro Manila Skyway from Epifanio de los Santos Ave
- Take Mabini Ave/Sambat Flyover Bridge/Talisay – Tanauan Rd in Tanauan
- Take the exit toward Tanauan City/Laurel/Talisay/Tagaytay from Calabarzon Expy/STAR Tollway
- Take Pan-Philippine Hwy/AH26 to Cipriano Colago Ave/Colago Ave in San Pablo City
You may use your favorite navigation app for directions. :)
Serendipity Tea Bar is a good location for a chill day. Whether you’re out with friends, or alone while doing some work, the ambience is just perfect. And it’s better with good food! :)
For more updates and promos, follow Serendipity Tea Bar on Facebook.