Summer has officially started, the time of the year when we get to hit the beach again! But aside from the usual summer beach getaways, why not step up your beach experience? Inflatable Island will definitely give you the ultimate beach challenge. Are you up for it? :)
Located in Subic Bay, Olongapo City, Zambales, Inflatable Island is a 3,420sqm floating water park (equivalent to 8 basketball courts), making it the biggest floating playground in Asia! The playground is loaded with obstacles with great variety of shapes, sizes and functions which make the activities exciting, challenging and entertaining for everyone.
Inflatable Island Map
Believe me, it was really challenging yet super fun to go through the obstacles! Among the activities, my favorites are the Trampoline and Tarzan Swing. I definitely felt like I’m a kid again! Haha.
There are also floating unicorns and swans that we obviously enjoyed! Hehe
Inflatable Island is perfect for the young and young at heart. However, only kids with height of 3.5ft above are allowed inside, with adult supervision. There are plenty of life guards around so safety is assured but it is still advised to keep an eye on your companions as well. Safety first, everyone!
One things that made my experience memorable is that I was able to make new friends! Just like in a real playground, you can also make new friends and play with them. :)
Their staff are very friendly so if you need help or anything, don’t hesitate to approach them. :)
Experience the Bali-inspired lounge
Onshore, there’s an exclusive Bali lounge with colorful umbrellas and comfy bean bags for you to stay in while you rest and eat. Somehow, I had a glimpse of what Bali feels like. :)
And oh, who wouldn’t love this watermelon shake on a unicorn?! :)
There are also cabanas available for day use for an affordable rate. No overnight accommodations are being offered yet, but there are a lot of hotels in Subic to choose from for your accommodation.
How to Get There
- From Victory Liner Caloocan, Cubao or Pasay, ride a bus going to Olongapo
- Fare ranges from Php 196-245
- Saulog buses also have routes going to Olongapo
- Drop off Victory Liner Terminal then ride a blue jeep
- Fare ranges from Php 8-10
- Ask the driver to drop you off at Inflatable Island in Samba Bluewater Resort (formerly known as Cali Beach and Halfmoon Resort)
- You can also ride a bus going to Iba, Zambales and ask the conductor to drop you off at Inflatable Island.
- Drivers/locals may not be familiar with Inflatable Island since it’s new. You can tell them to drop you off at Cali Beach / Halfmoon Resort / Samba Bluewater Resort instead.
Opening Hours and Ticket Prices
Inflatable Island is open from 8:00am until 6:00pm. You should arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time for orientation and life vest fitting.
Splash Pass (Two Hour Pass) – Php 699
Spray Pass (Half Day Pass) – Php 999
Soaked Pass (Whole Day Pass) – Php 1,399
Tip: Make sure to reserve your slot online because walk-in rates are more expensive!
- Make sure that your life vests are properly secured.
- The Inflatable Island can be slippery so be more careful. We were able to get a hang of it as we go through the island.
- Some obstacles are very challenging, so if you think you can’t do it, just don’t. Safety first!
- You will fall into the water, believe me, and it might be difficult to get back on the island. Don’t panic because there are plenty of life guards to assist you.
Be one of the first to experience the biggest floating playground in Asia! This is a one of a kind experience that is perfect for the whole barkada or family. :) Have an extraordinary summer getaway! Enjoy! :)
It’s your turn!
- Are you excited for the biggest floating playground in Asia?
- What obstacle course are you most excited to try?